Discovering the Serenissima wood
- Departure: località Pian de Le Stele (Longarone)
- Arrival: località Pian de Le Stele (Longarone)
- Duration: 2 hour/s 30 minutes
- Difficulty Level: T – Tourist (level)
- Length: 6.5 km
- Minimum elevation: 1146 m
- Maximum elevation: 1256 m
- Recommended period: June to September
A loop to discover the forest of Cajada, the Park’s largest and one of the most beautiful, used for centuries by the Venetian Republic. The forest occupies a huge hollow, formed over 20,000 years ago after a landslide that was twice as big as nearby Vajont’s.
Along the trail, hikers can admire the Queen of Cajada: a monumental silver fir, 35 metres high and two centuries old.
Location: in the Cajada basin, in the Municipality of Longarone, at the head of the Valle del Desedan, a right tributary of the Piave river.
Access: take the SS 51 of Alemagna until Faè (Longarone), here turn left following the signs for “Cajada forest”, until you reach Pian de Le Stele (parking and notice board of the Park)
Educational supports: didactic panels along the way